Future Home of Dragnet Background Screening Services
Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation Repots (& County Reports)
In Florida, in order to work anywhere in the State as a construction contractor, you must obtain a Florida Contractors License from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation’s Construction Industry Licensing Board. The Board lists the required information that is required for an application, and specifically requires that the following be provided to them:
“FINANCIAL/CREDIT: Applicants will need to provide credit reports for themselves and the business entity they want to qualify. Credit reports must indicate that local, state, and federal records have been searched.”
Dragnet Credit is approved by the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation to provide the above required information for contractors filing applications to obtain their Florida Contractors License. In providing our services for over 10 years, we have come across many questions and concerns that many contractors have had, on dealing with the requirements for the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. Below we list several items that we come across often.
- Even if the Corporation is a newly formed entity, a full report must be pulled on the Corporation.
- Just a credit report from one of the 3 credit reporting agencies will not meet the Financial/Credit requirements.
- When an application and information is mailed to the Board, make sure to have someone sign for it, as well as include all the information and paperwork in one package, so it does not wind up on several desks, causing a possible delay in processing.
- The Financial/Credit report should be one of the last items obtains, as they are only good for 6 months from the date of the request. Many times people will obtain the reports from us, and with the processing time and possible delays in meeting all the requirements, they might have to have the reports redone because the Board states that they are over 6 months old.
- A contractor who is a single qualifier can qualify any business, it does not have to be the contractor’s business.
email@example.com | Phone: (386) 676-7733 | Fax: (386) 676-9522